Summer Running 2018
WESTMONT CROSS COUNTRY
SUMMER RUNNING 2018 PAGE
Once again, we are gathering for our summer running club, which is open to all junior high and high school runners interested in running cross country next fall. Our summer running club will meet each Monday through Thursday in June and July, with a one-week break during the Fourth of July holiday week.
JUNE MEETINGS: June 11-28
JULY MEETINGS: July 9-26
FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE: AUGUST 8
General guidelines for summer running:
- Most days, we will meet at 7 am by the flagpole at Ty Warner Park. Times may change depending on plans for high school runners.
- Veteran HS runners: We are open to different days/times as we come up with plans for workouts, etc. Let us know your ideas!
- Bring a bottle of water to summer running every day! It can and will get hot quickly!
- Junior high runners should expect to run around 2-3 miles each meeting.
- High school runners should expect to run 3-6 miles each meeting.
- Varsity runners should expect one workout a week during the summer.
- All runners should run on their own on days we do not meet.
- ALL HIGH SCHOOL RUNNERS SHOULD BE RECORDING THEIR MILEAGE EVERY DAY!